Your right to privacy and control over your personal information is important to us at Bit5. To ensure that you understand how we collect and use personal data as part of the Services, please note the information below.
1. Responsible body
The responsible body for the collection, processing and use of your personal information through the Services is
For any questions about privacy in connection with the Services, you can always contact us using the contact information above.
2. General collection, processing and use of personal data in the context of the use of the App
When you use the Services, we may collect device and browser metadata such as IP addresses, operating system type and version, date and time of access, the URLs of the pages you visited and for how long you visited those pages, any referrer URL, interactions with user interface, the name of your access provider, and analytics information items that users like, and possibly others.
To the extent we collect this data, we may use it for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection to the Services;
- To ensure a great user experience of the Services;
- To evaluate system security and stability; and
- For general administrative purposes.
To use the Services, you may be asked to register by providing registration information. In addition, you may be required to register through the App. If you register for any reason, some or all of the following information may be collected:
- First and last name;
- Account username;
- Cryptocurrency Wallet address;
- Or other registration-related information.
The registration data is processed for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and location, and to help us connect you to your historical data and account. By registering and using the Services, you consent to receive follow-up questions and other communication, either from us or from relevant third parties.
Generally, we use the personal information we collect from or about You to provide a smooth and secure access to our website, services, and offerings, to ensure a great user experience, to evaluate system security and stability, and for further administrative purposes.
More specifically, we use and process your personal data to:
- Facilitate purchases and other interactions in the Services;
- Provide customer support;
- Respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Create and manage your account;
- Fulfill orders;
- Track advertising tailored to your interests on the Services and other websites;
- Improve and develop offerings and services;
- Prevent, detect, and respond to illegal or unauthorized activities;
- Communicate with any suppliers we use to perform any of the above; and
- Comply with the law.
The legal basis for the data processing described in this section is your consent, and also the fulfillment of our obligations and provision of Services.
3. Create an account
If you create an account with Bit5 for any reason, we may use your name or your email address as your login name. Alternatively, we may use an anonymized login system for your login activity. The creation of an account is required because the Services may not be able to work without historical data. The legal basis of the processing is your consent.
4. Use of the Services
In accessing and using the Services, files and other content might be uploaded or created, and other usage-related data can be created, collected, and processed.
The Services work best when information and content are shared. Thus, if you upload information or content to the Services, you should expect your information or content to be shared with others. We may share your information, including any files or content you provide or create in the Services, provided that those files or content, by their nature, support sharing.
All the information you upload to the Services is stored on an appropriate server infrastructure for processing. For any files we keep, we keep them for the sole purpose of giving you and your designated third parties access to the files and data for as long as you need them. During that time, we may view that data to, for example, troubleshoot problems, or gather anonymized user data.
The legal basis of the processing is your consent.
5. Use of our own Internet cookies
Reasons for using cookie-related technology
Some cookies are required for the Services to operate. Other cookies enable us to track your interests, enhance your experience while using the Services, or target advertising.
The types of cookies used in the Services and why they are used is as follows:
- “Strictly necessary” cookies are required to allow us to deliver the Services to you.
- “Performance” or “Analytics” cookies help us to collect information about how Users interact with the Services and help us analyze and improve the Services. Performance or analytics cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser until you delete them.
- “Advertising” cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They help to display advertisements that are based on your inferred interests, prevent the same ad from appearing too often and ensure that ads are properly displayed.
By using our cookies, we want to optimize your experience while using the Services. These Services are based on our aforementioned legitimate interests, which at the same time represent the legal basis for the data processing described here.
6. Use of analytics and additional services
We may use web analytics and other services for the continuous optimization of the Services. The tracking provides a statistically accurate record of the use of the Services and evaluates them for the purpose of optimizing our offerings. From time to time, we employ a variety of data processing and collection services and tools to help us provide you with the best services available. For example, we may use Google Firebase. Note that the list may change from time to time and is provided solely as examples of how we collect data. The legal basis for the data processing described in this section is our authorized interest in the needs-based design and continuous optimization of the Services.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your software accordingly; however, if you limit or prevent the installation of cookies, some features of the Services may not be fully exploited, or exploited at all. You can prevent the collection by analytics data by opting out of the collection of such data. In that case, an opt-out cookie will be set which will prevent the future collection of your data when you access the Services. If you delete your cookies, you must reset the opt-out cookie again.
Finally, you may be asked to opt into a sharing of your location. Note that if you choose not to share your location the Services may not work with full functionality.
For all registrations, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. After registration through the Services, we will send you a notification email asking you to confirm that you wish to receive additional information from Bit5 by clicking on a link in that email.
If you no longer wish to receive information via email from us, you can unsubscribe at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic rates. You will find an unsubscribe link in any of our emails, and if you choose to unsubscribe, we will then delete your email address from our mailing list. Note that even if you ask us to unsubscribe you, we may still use your email address when you request a password reset.
8. Withdrawal and Rights
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
You also have the right to revoke consent once given to us at any time. As a result, we will not continue the data processing based on this consent for the future. By the revocation of the consent, the legality of the processing on the basis of the consent until the revocation is not affected.
If you would like to exercise your right to revocation or objection, please send an email to [email protected]
9. Storage time
As a matter of principle, we store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfill the contractual or legal obligations to which we have collected the data. Thereafter, we delete the data immediately, unless we need the data until the expiration of the statutory limitation period for evidence for civil claims or for statutory storage requirements.
Even after that, we sometimes have to save your data for accounting reasons. We are obliged to do so because of legal documentation obligations which may arise from legal obligations. The deadlines for storing documents are two to ten years.
10. Data security
If you have created an account, access to this account is only possible after entering your personal password. You should always keep your access information confidential and close the browser window when you stop communicating with us, especially if you share your computer with others. In addition, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. In general, this is 256-bit encryption. In addition, we take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Although we take precautions intended to help protect the personal information that we collect and process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your personal information is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address that you provided to us.
If you create an account, you are responsible for maintaining the security of and the information in your account, including your password.
11. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services we provide are intended solely for adults and for adult use. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child is using our services, or has provided us with any personally identifiable information, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with any personally identifiable information, we will promptly delete such information along with the child’s account.
To contact us, you may use the following contact information:
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources used to collect the information, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- We do not sell your personal information, and will not sell your personal information without providing you the ability to opt-out. You have the right to request information about our disclosure for business purposes of your Personal Information to third parties.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.